Friday, January 12, 2007

Nutting New

This was too weird to not post. Anyone else get emailed this from pirates.com?

PITTSBURGH PIRATES NEWS WE WILL.
=======================================================================
January 12, 2007
FROM THE DESK OF ROBERT NUTTING, CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD
Dear Pirates Fans:


Today, Kevin McClatchy and I announced that we have mutually requested Major League Baseball approve a change of control within the ownership group of the Pirates from Kevin to myself. This change will provide absolute clarity regarding the ownership structure of the team.
As Chairman and control person for the organization, my role is to provide strategic leadership to the organization. As CEO, Kevin remains responsible for the day-to-day operations of the ballclub.

I understand how important the Pirates are to you, the fans, and this community. Like you, I believe there is absolutely nothing more important than for our team to be able to win, not just for one year, but on a consistent basis. I am committed to providing Kevin
and General Manager Dave Littlefield the greatest amount of support possible to accomplish that. Our fans deserve it, our community deserves it and I expect it.

In order to consistently succeed on the field, it's critical that we spend our resources effectively, while continuing to build our team from within. This is the plan I firmly believe in. It is one that Dave was brought here to develop and execute, one that he and Kevin are accountable for and one that I have confidence is working.

I am energized about our core group of exciting, young, talented players. We have one of the youngest teams in all of baseball and now will be able to keep them together for several years. Coming off last season's second half success, I am confident that this team, under the leadership of Jim Tracy, will continue to improve. I very much look forward to the 2007 season.

I am very proud to be the Chairman of this historic franchise and want you to be just as proud to be one of our fans. Thank you for your continued support of the Pittsburgh Pirates.
I hope to see you at PNC Park this season, and for many more seasons to come.

Sincerely,
Robert Nutting
Chairman of the Board
Pittsburgh Pirates


bear with me while i get my bearings enough to bother picking this turd apart.

No comments: